Thursday, August 26, 2010

"My best days are ahead of me..."

Don't you just love music? I do. I also love whoever it was that invented the iheartradio app for Android phones. Because, with said app, I can listen to my music anytime, anywhere, with NO COMMERCIALS!!!!!!!!! I know, right?! It rocks! Thus, it is playing right now.


Anyway, today has been a good day... I didn't get a chance to work out though. I did get to experience how truly understanding my mom can be though... Why do I say that? Well, I walked into the kitchen about 30 minutes after dinner (which I cooked). When she asked me why, I answered honestly: I'm not hungry, but I'm craving sweets. She looked at me and said "There's some cookie dough in the bottom drawer of the refrigerator... Cut you off a slice and eat that." Heck yeah! It was yummy. I love junk food... That's going to be my downfall, I'm sure... Ohhh well.



So, just for my own sake, I'm going to do a run-through of my weekend... Friday- work 10-6, then Wal-Mart for knitting stuff, then church at 8 to help Mrs. Bobbie set up, then home and to bed. Saturday- Church at 7:30 for Bible Bee... no clue how long I'll be there, or what I'm doing afterward... I'm invited to a party... but I'm not sure I really want to go. I won't really know anybody... Sunday-Church... duh. So my weekend shouldn't be too terribly busy. At least not as bad as it could be. I'll actually have some downtime, which I'll probably use for knitting lessons or exercising. You know what? I love my life. I may not like my job, but aside from that, I love my life. It's pretty awesome. I can always find something to do... Even if it's just volunteering or helping someone out... I'll never run out of things to do. Oh, that reminds me... I need to clean my room sometime this weekend... And do my laundry. Urgh. I hate that part. But it must be done, or I shan't have any clothes to wear. Ah, me. Perhaps I should do that now... Nahh... Now is shower time... Right after I get all my thoughts out of my brain and into this post.



"Let's shake hands and reach across those parting lines. You've got your friends, just like I've got mine. We might think a little differently, but we got a lot in common, you will see. We're just like you... only prettier." -Only Prettier by Miranda Lambert.

Listening to that song makes me smile. It's so quirky... and half of it is very me. It's just a good song. So does Smile by Uncle Kracker. I freaking LOVE that song!! It makes me ever so happy. I think country music in general makes me a very happy girl. Ah, so I decided that this health kick thing I'm on is very good. It's making me feel pretty good about myself. I guess it's hard to feel bad about someone who's doing so much good in life. I've got a good job, I volunteer, I work out, I attempt to eat not as horribly as I used to, I try to help others whenever I get the chance, I pray more, I read my Bible more, and I just generally enjoy life more. I think it's kinda hard to hate that too much. I mean, there are still a TON of things I need to work on, but I'm definitely taking steps in the right direction. At least I'm taking steps now... Before, I was on the right track, I just wasn't going anywhere. "Even if you're on the right tracks, you'll get run over if you just sit there" -Will Rogers. I thought that was a pretty good way of looking at things.


So, anyhoo, I'm tired, it's getting late, and I need to shower. So I'm going to say goodnight to you all.... Love y'all! Good night and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment