Monday, August 9, 2010

While I'm thinking about it...

Okay, so I know I just said I was going to clean, and then go to bed, but I wanted to do this while I was thinking about it. I am going to create a list of what I want/need in a man. I just want to have the ability to look back at my list, revise it, and see what's really important to me. I think this can also teach me a lot about myself. And this is a good time to do it too, since I'm single.



Okay, so qualities I WANT my future man to possess:

  • TRUE Christianity
  • Respect
  • Love
  • Chivalry (if I have it, they should too!)
  • Honest
  • Trustworthy
  • Kind
  • Caring
  • Content
  • Strength, and not just physical
  • A desire to protect/defend/fight for what's right/what he loves
  • Desire to support me, and not necessarily financially
  • Helpfulness
  • Intelligence
  • Good sense of humor
  • Ability to forgive
  • Ability to see the bright side of things
  • Understanding
  • Heart for others
  • Confidence

Yeah.... that's all I can think of right now.

Now for the qualities I DON'T want in a man:

  • Lying
  • Cheating
  • Stealing
  • Hatefulness
  • Disrespect
  • Abusive behavior (duh...)
  • Unloving
  • Uncaring
  • Cold
  • Unsupportive
  • Unimaginative
  • Stuck up/cocky
  • Indifference

That list is substantially shorter... I know I'm going to add to this and revise both lists... But for now, I think that covers it... If I missed anything, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment