Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dude...

So the party was great. Just thought you should all know that. However, all of us "grown up kids" are... hormonal, to put it lightly... so we were all sitting there eating icing and chocolate and talking about dating, when I piped up: "You know, I don't expect a perfect fairy tale... I don't need, or even want, a prince on a white horse... I'd rather have a redneck in a muddy truck" to which Steph replies "You can borrow Thomas if you want. I don't mind if you guys hang out." Thanks Steph, but you can keep your man. I'm kinda looking for my very own. Nice of you to offer, though. It just made me laugh a little.



Which reminds me, I found a quote that made me smile... a lot. It's great:

Roses aren't good symbols of love. I mean, roses only last a few weeks, and that's only if you put them in water. And they really only exist to be pretty. That's like saying "My love for you is transitory and based solely on appearance. But a potato... Potatoes last forever. In fact, not only will they not rot, they actually grow stuff if you leave them. That part alone makes it a good symbol. But there's more- there are so many ways to enjoy a potato. You can even make a battery with it. And that's like saying "I have many ways in which I show my love for you." And potatoes may be ugly, but they're still awesome, and that's like saying "It doesn't matter at all what you look like, I'll still love you."


Doesn't that freakin' rock?! I totally agree. Of course, I have a strange view of love. The Avett Brothers also said it well in their song, Love Like The Movies: "So you want to be in love like the movies? Well in the movies, they're not in love at all. With a twinkle in their eye, they're just saying their lines, so we can't be in love like the movies." The whole song is so awesome. I love it. It's soooo true though. Everyone expects love to be just like a movie. Yeah... that ain't happenin'. Sorry, girls. I don't want it to be though... It would be predictable, boring, and stupid. I want spontaneous, fun, and challenging. How bad would it suck if you knew exactly how it was going to go down? I mean, I think that's the cause of a lot of divorces. Yeah, a ton are because people got married before they were ready, but I think another problem is that people get bored. You can't keep romance alive if you know what to expect. Of course, this is coming from a single gal, but still... I think I got a pretty good handle on this one....Correct me if I'm wrong, though. Even if it means there will be fights, I don't want a boring, safe romance. I'm not safe with anything else I do in life, so why should I be boring and safe in love? That just wouldn't make sense. And, yeah, there's a greater chance I'll get hurt. But when I find the guy I'm supposed to be with, it'll be a basquillion times better for it. I just know it.



I'll get down off of my soapbox now... Haha. Nah, really I just need to go clean up my room so I can go to bed... Otherwise I shan't be up in time for church... And that would be sooo bad. Good night, and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment