Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Arrest these merry gentlemen!!!

Christmas musical, I'm ready for you!!! (FYI: The title to this post is the title of the Christmas musical...) I'm sooo excited!



Anyhoo, I think I may be turning into a good person... *pauses to allow everyone to gasp in awe* Why do I say that? Well, for one thing, I'm beginning to see myself doing favors for others for no reason at all... That's pretty cool. Like tonight, when Ms. Bobbie was freaking out because she had a ton to do at the church, but also needed to pick up her sons. So when I volunteered to go get the boys she just nodded, mouth gaping and eyes wide, as if to say "You're so great. I love you." Except she just meant "Thank you!". Still, though, it was great. And offering to buy Seth's dinner, then Ryan's... just so Ryan didn't have to spend money and so Seth didn't have to wait on his mom... I mean, neither of them let me, but still... I tried, so it counts, right? Haha, I do love doing stuff for others though... It's kind of cool. And then offering DJ rides... for life, pretty much. Although he didn't message me back... So I don't know if he got my offer... Still though... Anyway, I'm not trying to brag, I'm just making note of a change I see in myself, this time for the better. Now, if I can just keep up these positive changes... And being able to see them. I know I have good qualities, I just have to keep working on my ability to see them and accept them. That's the hard part for me. And I think this is one of those times when I'm going to have to start really trying hard... Especially if I want to keep changing myself. "Be the change you wish to see in the world".... I'm going to have to do that. "I'm starting with the [wo]man in the mirror"... Yup. That's one quote, one lyric snippet... I think I'm doing pretty good at this "stealing other people's thoughts and using them for my own good" thing...



Anyway, after today's workout and just general stress level, and the knowledge that I go in at 10 tomorrow, I'm getting a little tired... So I'm going to cut this post short. I love y'all, and will keep you all in my prayers. Good night, and God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, you're growing up! LOL. Helping others is awesome, isn't it?? My only problem is that sometimes I help others to the point of neglecting myself because I am a "people pleaser". I'm trying to work on that, but after a lifetime of being raised to be a nice girl (i.e. letting people walk all over you), it's a hard habit to break!! If the DJ you speak of is our DJ from church, then that just makes me love you more! He is a sweet boy and it worries me to death how he just roams freely in the streets. I am so scared something will happen to him! He and my youngest are great friends. Anyway, way to go on the working out! I was supposed to start this week, but have caught a horrendous summer cold and feel like crap! Prayers for healing, please? Love you and have a great rest of the week!

    Lisa P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I go back and forth between being the ultimate "people pleaser" and not caring about anyone or anything. So if this stays pretty consistent, I'll chalk it up to God answering prayers. And yup, it's DJ from church. He was going to have to walk home Sunday in that heat! I was not about to let that happen! And of course I shall be praying for you!! Love you too! Get better super quick!!

    ReplyDelete