Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Live life in the fast lane...

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy [cow (umm yeah, that's what I'll go with)], what a ride!'" --Hunter S. Thompson



I think that quote is how I'm probably going to wind up living. I mean, I already pull the whole "Eh, it's only 2 AM, what's another hour?" mess. I only take "vacations" in order to work for the church, like for bootcamp (which I'm SOOOOO excited about!!!!!!). I am learning to live the way I want to, because honestly don't have to worry about embarrassing my boyfriend, as I don't have one (I'm also learning to be single... it's hard, but I'm getting better). That means I can go out on dates with myself, or just hang out with my friends, the few I have left (Hi, Rachel!), without worrying that my boyfriend will be mad. It's pretty awesome, actually, to have that freedom and independence. When I was dating Zack, I was afraid to do anything without him, because he always got upset when I chose to hang out with my friends instead of him... However, when he cancelled dates and left me stranded places because he said he would pick me up, but then decided hanging out with his neighbors sounded more fun, I was supposed to be totally fine with that. But it's whatever. It's in the past now, and I'm soooo far gone. I left that relationship running and haven't looked back once. It's kinda sad that I can do that, you know.... Leave a 2 1/2 year relationship with no regrets, desires to rekindle that, or even any sadness at all. I mean, I'm pretty sure that makes me a cold-hearted snake (and yes, I was actually called that by *someone*, who shall remain nameless). But I truly wasn't happy in that relationship. I actually had a woman, Michelle, who totally made my day; she told me she was proud of me for ending it with Zack, and that she thought I was brave for making the right choice, no matter what other people said. It really caught me off guard, though, when she said that because everyone else had been telling me how horrible of a person I was for "breaking that poor boy's heart". But I KNOW I did the right thing, no matter what anyone says. And now Zack even agrees, obviously, as he's dating Rachel... But anyway, I'm chasing rabbits. What I was getting at is that I don't care anymore what anyone says: I want to live my life the way I want to live it. If that means I want to randomly drive to Starbucks, or dance in the rain, or sing at the top of my lungs while dancing around my room in sweats and stilettos, or whatever it is, I'm going to do it. Especially that last one... I do that a lot. It's fun. I truly recommend it for any woman. Any music will do. And you don't even have to be a good dancer. I'm not. I just let loose and have fun. Plus it's a totally good workout. What more reason do I need?!



But anyway, I had a few "work stories" that I feel need to be shared... Firstly, this little boy, Peyton, who is 3, and I were just being silly and making funny faces at each other, when he got right up in my face and stuck his tongue out. So, of course, I made a funny face. Then he decided to kiss me on the lips. I was in shock... It kinda caught me off guard... Then today, this 5 year old, Jacob, walked up to me and told me, very seriously "I love you". And not in the typical "cute kid telling his teacher" way... It was like the "boyfriend telling a girlfriend" way... I was only able to say "Yeah... love you too, Jacob" before I walked away to crack up laughing. It was funny... But very cute. So yeah. And multiple times this one 3 year old, Keith has attempted to feel my boobs.. He even stuck his hands in my sleeves to feel my bra... I just pulled his hands away and went to "check on the other kids", which translates to "get away from him". Then there was the boy (not one in my class) who was putting rocks down his diaper and got one stuck... in his... umm... manhood. I guess "boyhood" would be more appropriate... But anyway. Yeah, my friend, Abby, who works with me, was telling me about it... It was very interesting. Daycare workers really do have the best "work stories". That is one of the many things I love about my job...



Anyhoo, for the SECOND time tonight, I'm currently watching Superstar Sessions on GAC, which is basically an hour full of music videos from one singer. Who is the singer featured tonight? DIERKS FREAKIN' BENTLEY. I adore him. I would so marry him. In a heartbeat. Just saying. Also tonight, my mom sent me to buy milk. So what did I come home with? 2 gallons of milk, a King Size Reese's, 2 King Size KitKats, and a bag of peanut M&M's twice the size of the normal bag. PMS? Maybe. Did I get my chocolate fix? Heck yeah, and I only ate the M&M's. But I'm hiding the other candy for later. If someone were to search my room, they would find that I hide all of my good food. And I hide it very well. At one point I had a Mr. Goodbar hidden under my graduation cap, but now there's nothing there... Haha. And I shall not disclose anymore of my supersecret hidey holes. Sorry guys. Bwahahaha.



Okay, so I have a new addiction, besides my addictions to coffee and Dr Pepper... www.stumbleupon.com . It is amazing. You enter your likes/interests and hit this button that says "Stumble", and it takes you to websites it thinks you may like. You either give the website a thumbs down, or you give it a thumbs up, which saves it to your favorites so you can revisit it and it also revises your interests to better provide you with websites you'll enjoy. It is totally rad. I adore it. And you can add friends too! But, alas, I need to clean my room, so I shall bid you all goodnight. Hasta luego. God bless.

2 comments:

  1. I've known about Stumble Upon for like FOREVER now...You should add me...

    As for dancing in the rain, we should so do that together!

    I love how you say hi to me all the time. I agree with the quote and your kick butt attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall, if I can find you.. If not, you can add me...


    I think we should.


    Well, I only say "hi" if I'm talking about you... And I'm glad you approve of the quote and my attitude. Did you see my previous post? I think the lyrics to that song are freaking awesome AND describe me perfectly.

    ReplyDelete