Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Does blogging count as a hobby?

Steph said I don't need a boyfriend, but rather, I need a hobby. So I just wonder, does blogging count? I do it ALL THE TIME. Or does that make me an addict? Either way, I'm beginning to think I spend all my free time either blogging, watching GAC, or both. So, I mean, if listening to music doesn't count, blogging should. But that's irrelevant.


Speaking of irrelevancy, I saw a shirt the other day that made me laugh. It said "Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant". I laughed so hard. And I don't know why. That's only slightly funny, but it just makes me laugh. You can see other shirts like this, including this one, at www.snorgtees.com. So visit it, if you feel so inclined.



So, I cannot wait for my book to come in the mail... And my phone cover. But mostly my book. Walden, by Henry David Thoreau. I am so excited about this. I want to live this way. For those of you who do not know, Walden is basically a journal Thoreau kept while living on Lake Walden, alone, in a cabin. Which is exactly what I want to do. Except not on Lake Walden... Somewhere closer, preferrably. And if Em remembers, I shall also have Captivating to read soon. Which I'm also very pumped about.



Okay, so tomorrow I have got to remember to get that part for my car.. And I need gas. All this needs to be done before work tomorrow... So before 10. Unless they call me and say they don't need me (Oh, please, dear Lord, let it be so...). I really don't want to work that shift... I'll keep the 3-6, but would prefer not working the 10-1 prior to that. I know my paycheck would enjoy the extra hours, but my body would not. I'm so stinking worn out. And don't say it's from a lack of sleep. I have slept a full eight hours two whole nights in a row this week. And that's saying something. It is from this wonderful thing called "stress". I think I need a vacation... Ah, well, only 16 more days 'til bootcamp! Which isn't a technical "vacation", as I'll be working with kids the whole time, but it's time away from normal life. I'm pretty stoked, actually. Plus, it means I finally get to go swimming!


Oh, random story time. Christian, a 10 year old boy from church, was answering some multiple choice questions I was reading him, and one of them he gave me an answer before I read them to him. Excitedly, he proclaimed "I'm psycho! I knew you were going to say that!". I shook my head and said "Psychic, maybe?". He laughed, I laughed, 'twas grand.



Alas, my dear mother is concerned that I do not sleep enough, so she wants me to get off the internet... So I must bid you all farewell for now. Good night, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment