Sunday, July 18, 2010

"For the God on the mountain is still God in the valley..."

Ugh. I'm going to die. This week has got to be straight from my worst nightmare. I'm working 10-1 and 3-6 every day this week, I have to get an oil change at like 7 AM tomorrow, I have to make a cake for my Mimi's birthday Tuesday night, church Wednesday, actual party for Mimi on Thursday... by Friday, I'm going to be ready to cry. I mean, I get stressed just thinking about all of this... Blame it on my inability to say "no" to anyone, blame it on my stupidity, blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol (JUST KIDDING!!!), blame it on whatever you like, I'm going to be soooo busy this week! But that's okay. I'll make it. I always do. I may lose weight, and I may be on the verge of tears at any given moment, but I'll do it, and I'll do it well! The cake is going to be the most stressful thing I have to do, because I'm going to have to bake it AND decorate it in one night after work, still having to wake up early for work the next day. But at least I'm going to do an easy design... I think. It's just going to be chocolate cake, homemade buttercream, white fondant, with blue and green fondant flowers on it. Shouldn't be too bad. I'll post pictures when I finish it. Promise... If I remember, haha.

So anyway, just in case you don't know and are wondering why I wasn't at church for the last part of first service or second service, it's because I threw up a bit from a migraine, so Stephanie sent me home. It was nothing too bad, but she didn't want me making myself worse by continuing to work. Which is totally understandable. So, I came home and slept all afternoon, and now that I need to sleep, I'm not tired. I figure I'll wait a little longer, and if I'm not tired by then, I'll take some medicine that the doctor let me keep. It's an antidepressant that he gave me for migraines, but since it doesn't work, he said I can use it as a sleep aid, another use it has. So if I can't sleep, I'll just take one or two and hope I wake up in time tomorrow. I think it's a good plan.


Just for those of you who are concerned about the migraines, there is nothing technically wrong with me... Just genetics. However, medicines only work for a month, maximum. That leads to several problems. I only have a few choices left: Botox injections 4 times a month at several hundred dollars each, spending $400 every two weeks for medicine that won't work for very long, lifestyle changes, or pregnancy. The pregnancy idea came from Emily. As all previous migraine sufferers in my family have been men, I don't know that this would work, but Em said that, after getting pregnant, she never got migraines anymore. So that's a thought... However, IF I ever even get married and decide I want kids, it will be a loooong time. The first two ideas are expensive and stupid, especially the Botox. So, I'm left with lifestyle changes... And that means changing everything: stress levels, food, sleep habits, exercise more, etc. It's going to suck, quite frankly. But it's what I have to do if I want to get rid of these migraines, which I do. I guess I can make it happen...



But for now, I shall have to go, so that I may attempt to sleep soon. I love you all! Good night, and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment