Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Waking up before I go to sleep, 'cause I'll be rocking this party 8 days a week

Yeah, that's the Beastie Boys. Yes, they do rock. And, yep, those are lyrics from No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn. Good stuff right there. And I feel that way pretty frequently. At least the part about waking up before I go to sleep. Although last night, I was out cold by 9:30. I guess that's the good thing about having a migraine. The shoulder pain made it hard to stay asleep though. But that's okay. I'm not dying, and therefore, I'm not going to the doctor until the pain severely interferes with life. Currently it's just a painful nuisance. It's manageable, so I don't care too much. Plus, I HATE going to the doctor. So, anyway, I have been enjoying my new job... for the most part anyway. I mean, yeah, there have been a few days when I just didn't want to go in at all, but overall, it's a decent job and I enjoy it. I love working with kids, especially the school kids. Which, for some reason, no one else does, except for Danielle and I. But I have now worked in every classroom except the two nurseries, which is totally fine with me. I honestly don't want to work in the nurseries there. I love working with the kids 3 years old and up, although yesterday I had a very "interesting" experience with one of my 3 year olds. He told me he needed to "go potty" and he's potty trained, so I said he could go. He walked into the bathroom, and came out about two minutes later, soaking wet. He had gone into the bathroom so he could pee in his pants. Luckily, he had extra clothes, but for the rest of the day he was bragging to everyone that he "peed his pants". But aside from that sort of thing, which apparently isn't too uncommon, it's a fairly easy job.


Okay, so now I shall share with you all a wonderful story I heard this morning. And by "wonderful", I mean "ridiculous", and by "story", I mean "facebook status update". Today, my friend Lisa, who works at our church posted this lovely status update: "I just went outside at the church to get my morning biscuit my wonderful husband brings me every day and someone egged the church door! Why do people do such things as that?" My response? "Why would you egg a CHURCH? That's like asking God to reach down and slap you." I mean, really?! That's just s-t-u-pid, stupid. (Thanks, Mama Em, for allowing me to borrow your catchphrase".) Seriously though, what kind of idiots do that? Someone suggested it was some bored teens... Okay, that makes sense, but what kind of kids are awake at 8 or 9 in the morning?! I mean, besides me... But I can't sleep late... Especially today, since I had to call in at 8 to see if Cabot Patch needed me. They didn't. Not until my scheduled shift at 2. But anyway, that's my story. It was great, right?


So, I shall leave you with a video of the Beastie Boys performing No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn.

http://www.youtube.com/user/crazy4jesus22#p/f/8/07Y0cy-nvAg

Have fun, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment