Thursday, June 10, 2010

New look for the blog and a (seemingly) endless job hunt...

Seriously, is it IMPOSSIBLE to get a job that is NOT in the restaurant/major retail store industry?! As an 18 year old with no job experience, yes, apparently it is impossible. Argh. I truly want to work in a daycare, but Magness Creek ELC hasn't even looked at ANY applications yet (I turned mine in a full week ago). I'll be calling Cabot Patch Kids tomorrow, though a full time job at Magness would be soooo much better than part time at Cabot Patch. Although right now, anything is better than nothing. I really wish I could just get paid to work for the church, but that's not going to happen. I wish it would though... that would save me a lot of trouble, since I already do plenty of work for the church. If I were paid, I'd do tons more. But you know what they say: "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride."


Enough complaining for now... So I hope everyone likes the new design of my little blog. I decided the background picture should be of something I'm deeply in love with, and books seemed like the logical choice. I've been a book-aholic for many years now and I don't think that's going to change any time soon. Actually, in my dream house, I would have a library 3 stories high, walls fully lined with bookshelves, bookshelves packed with books. Old ones, new ones, big ones, small ones, any kind of book you could ever imagine. Even if I never read them all, just seeing books makes me happy. Especially those in someone's private library. Oh, and of course, my library would have a skylight for a ceiling with a huge overstuffed chair and a fireplace. I've had this planned out for years now. I could very easily buy that many books, too. No problems whatsoever.



So now that I've bored you all to death with my talk of jobs and books... One of my friends on Facebook posted a quote today that I found very funny: "Just heard BP stopped the leak. They put a wedding ring on it, and it quit putting out." I just about died laughing. Also, I saw a brand name last night that struck me as, well, interesting, to say the least. What was this brand name? G Sus Sindustries. If you don't get it, read it aloud. If you still don't get it, ask someone nearby. My mouth literally dropped when I read it. I was completely shocked.



So, I decided you guys deserve to hear a great song from an awesome guy from my hometown of Longview, Texas. I even met him a couple of times, since Meg went to school with his son. Who is this fantastic artist? Neal McCoy. What's the song? Billy's Got His Beer Goggles On.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORqzaOFUCsg



T-t-t-t-hat's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment