Monday, January 10, 2011

Yes, I'm being slightly dramatic, but I heard this song and it fits my mood...

Goodbye To Love-- The Carpenters

I'll say goodbye to love
No one ever cared if I should live or die
Time and time again the chance for love has passed me by
And all I know of love is how to live without it
I just can't seem to find it

So I've made up my mind
I must live my life alone
And though it's not the easy way
I guess I've always known I'd say goodbye to love

There are no tomorrows for this heart of mine
Surely time will lose these bitter memories
And I'll find that there is someone to believe in
And to live for something I could live for

All the years of useless search have finally reached an end
Loneliness and empty day will be my only friend
From this day love is forgotten
I'll go on as best I can

What lies in the future is a mystery to us all
No one can predict the wheel of fortune as it falls
There may come a time when I may see that I've been wrong
But for now this is my song
And it's goodbye to love
I'll say goodbye to love



Now, I know this is dramatic, but for some reason, just typing these lyrics up made me feel a little better... it's such a cheerfully depressing song... I know Seth is right in what he did, but that doesn't make it hurt less. I know that I've got plenty of time to find a man, but that doesn't take the pain away. I know I've got people here that love me and are here for me, but I'm still upset. So I guess it's just going to take time. And prayer. Lots of prayer. All I know is that it's my own fault that I allowed myself to be vulnerable. However, I know that eventually I will need to be vulnerable and it will be very hard for me. Harder than it was before... and before, it was like being an unarmed one woman army fighting the Romans AND the Spartans in an uphill battle. Oh well... It doesn't matter anyway... Goodnight guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment