Monday, January 10, 2011

In light of how stinky my past few days have been, I thought I should try something new: make a (short) list of the things I like about myself or have accepted as truths.

1. I will never be rail thin... and that's okay.

2. Even if boys don't always like me, I'm still an okay person.

3. I'm capable of being alone.

4. I always rise to meet a challenge.

5. I will go out of my way to help someone.

6. There are very few things on this earth that truly scare me.

7. I handle pain, both physical and emotional, very well.

8. I have (almost) endless amounts of energy that I very gladly channel into work and church.

9. I can fake energy when I don't have it... happiness too.

10. I truly love serving others.

11. I will never be a "girly girl"... I will always be a tomboy, and that's okay.

12. I'm not afraid to say what I think, but don't just go around saying anything that pops into my head.

13. I truly care for other people... sometimes to a fault.

14. I will always fight for what I feel is right.

15. I am learning to love myself, even when I'm not too loveable (which can be pretty often).



Okay, that's all I can think of for now... but that's a lot for me. Usually, getting me to compliment myself is like organizing a tea party for Bigfoot, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and a herd of unicorns. It's even harder than getting me to truly accept a compliment. But anyway, I just needed to do that, so that when I feel useless, unloved, unworthy, and just generally depressed later, I can come back and read this. I love you all, and please don't worry about me. I'm okay... even if I'm not, I will be soon. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment