Monday, April 19, 2010

Migraine madness...

*sigh* Okay, that was my obligatory sigh of desperation. I am absolutely fed up with migraines and medicines that don't work. They are so pestilent. But that is already enough complaining for one post.


On a much more positive note, I'm now a (legal and legit) driver, an organ donor, and a registered voter. Also, my cap and gown came in for graduation. And all of this happened in one short day. I told my friends that all of my "grown up stuff" decided to happen all at once, which was fine with me. However, I'm almost certain my mom almost cried when I tried on my cap and gown. Neither she nor my dad are ready to accept that I'm about to be moving out.


On another note, I know what kind of job I want for my summer job, besides being an intern for Grace Family Church (which is the greatest church EVER! Can I get an "amen"? Haha). I want to work for a daycare. Any daycare will do. So, if anyone knows of one that is hiring in the area, or will be hiring after May 14, let me know!


Oh, also, I have switched from the music listed in my previous post (sorry that was so long ago) to things like Stevie Ray Vaughan (henceforth referred to as SRV), Peter Frampton, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, and the like. These guys are amazing. I'm not even kidding. I LOVE this music. And it's clean stuff too, for the most part. Especially SRV. He's awesome. As a matter of fact, he shall be my culture post.


On a final note, I am no longer dating Zack. I broke up with him about a month ago. *pause for the collective "Oh my word! How could you do that to such a sweet boy?!"* Yes, I know. I broke his heart, I'm a cold-hearted snake, I'm a horrible person, I hurt a very sweet boy. I know all of this, but I know that I did what was best for both of us, really, in the long run. It wouldn't have worked in the end, as our lives didn't mesh, and I fell out of love. Now I know some of you will say "Oh, that's not possible. You can't just 'fall out of love'. It takes time, if it's even possible." Well let me tell you a thing or two. It CAN happen, and it DOES take time. It's not as if I woke up one morning and said to myself, "You know what? I don't love him anymore." It didn't happen that way. It was a slow, gradual process that I refused to see for a very long time. However, once I finally saw that I had been leading him on, I knew in my heart that I had to end it, for both of our sakes. I deserve to be happy, and he deserves a girl who will love him forever. You may disagree with my decision, and you can tell me that you do, but please choose your words carefully. I may be a "cold-hearted snake", but even snakes have feelings. I've been hurt enough by people calling me names and generally saying I'm a bad person (and a few other choice words), I don't need anymore. I've already got the general idea that no one really agrees with me for some reason. I know I'm doing the right thing though, so have at it.


Now, for the culture post... The only hard part shall be choosing from SRV's many amazing songs.... Hmm. I think Pride and Joy would be a good start.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0MF8pwktg
This is SRV, live at Montreaux Music Festival back in 1985. Good stuff right here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment